3 Point Motors (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) respects your personal information and share your concerns regarding data protection. We aim at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time.
What personal information does 3 Point Motors collect?
The type of personal information we collect depends on the nature of your dealings with us which is made clear at the time the information is collected.
We collect information reasonably necessary for or directly related to one or more of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect includes but is not limited to your:
- occupation and employment details;
- contact details;
- address details;
- registration and driver’s licence details;
- credit card and bank account details;
- other financial information;
- current and past vehicle information and details;
- cookies and website tracking;
- location through anti-theft vehicle tracking technology in loan and demonstrator vehicles;
- voice and image;
- educational qualifications and resume;
- personal interests;
- email address/s.
How does 3 Point Motors collect your personal information?
We will collect information directly from an individual wherever possible. If this is not possible, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware that the information being collected is outlined in the collection statement.
If the information we request for the provision of products or services is not provided to us, then this may affect our ability to provide those products or services to you.
Wherever possible we take steps to ensure that we collect personal information by lawful means, and obtain your personal information in various ways including but not limited to:
- when you contact us directly;
- via the telephone;
- when you visit one of our dealer locations in person;
- when you order a product or service from us;
- when you service or repair your vehicle with us;
- when you are loaned a vehicle from us;
- when you undertake a test drive with us;
- via our websites;
- via social media;
- from publicly available sources;
- from 3rd party service providers;
- from the Vicroads authority where required;
- from government bodies, enforcement & regulatory authorities;
- when you apply to work with us;
- from when you attend our events;
- and from our competitions or promotions you have participated in.
- and through loan applications.
How does 3 Point Motors use personal information?
We collect personal information to provide you with the best possible products and services that we have to offer, to create a more personalised experience for you, and comply with our legal, regulatory, industry or workplace requirements.
Generally, the purpose for which 3 Point Motors collects personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it or will be disclosed at the time of collection.
More specific purposes include but are not limited to:
- any purpose you have consent to;
- for the purpose of selling you a new or used motor vehicle;
- responding to enquiries/complaints;
- providing support;
- fulfilling and processing orders and administering accounts;
- roadside assistance, vehicle warranty, product issues, service measures and recalls;
- marketing, event and promotional activities;
- market research;
- recruitment purposes;
- registration of security interests on the personal property securities register;
- checking your details against sanctions lists;
- to comply with industry, legal and regulatory requirements;
- to offer you new products and services that we believe may interest you;
- to complete an application for the provision of finance &/or insurance cover;
- providing after-sales services for your vehicle including warranty servicing;
- selling you spare parts or accessories.
If at any time the purpose for which we are collecting your personal information is unclear, please raise your concerns with the person you are dealing with or contact us using the contact details below.
Disclosure of Information
3 Point Motors may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide us with various services. These may include but are not limited to:
- those that you have consented we disclose your personal information to;
- contracted service providers;
- as required by an enforcement authority, regulator, law, court or tribunal.
- vehicle manufacturers:
- Finance providers;
- Parts & Service Providers;
- Marketing companies & event organisers;
- I.T. providers;
- contractors & Agents;
- Professional partners including lawyers;
- Printing companies & mail houses;
- and business analysts.
3 Point Motors does not ordinarily disclose your personal information overseas, there may be circumstances where we need to disclose your personal information to a third party and this third party may disclose your personal information overseas.
As 3 point Motors is a franchised Dealer of Mercedes-Benz Australia Pacific and the Daimler Group of companies, your personal information may be transferred, accessed and/or stored in various countries within Asia, Africa, Europe and other parts of Australasia in the ordinary course of Mercedes-Benz Australia Pacific’s business and the business of its service providers.
Other Information Uses and Disclosures
3 Point Motors may use information relating to your visit to our website, or information you provide to us for market research purposes in order to continually improve the product and services that we deliver to you.
3 Point Motors does not sell personal information provided by you to any other organisations, we may form relationships with other organisations from time to time with the specific purpose of presenting you with special offers or competitions relevant to your preferences.
3 Point Motors uses all reasonable measures to ensure that any personal information collected, is not compromised and is kept safe from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure to unauthorised 3rd Parties.
If at any stage you no longer wish to receive communications from 3 Point Motors, please let us know.
Correction of information we hold about you
We also encourage you to actively engage with us and let us know when your details change or if your personal information needs correction or updating via our contact information provided below.
Complaints and General enquiries
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your personal information or believe that we have breached the Privacy Act or APPs then please contact us and we will try our best to resolve the matter with you. For security reasons, we request that complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information or any enquiries or questions concerning privacy matters be put in writing and either e-mailed or posted to:
Customer Relations Officer
3 Point Motors
484 Heidelberg Road
By phone: 1300 376 468
By email: email@example.com
We may also require documentary proof of your identity depending on your request.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.